Meningitis Shot Panic

My shot was scheduled for May 29 at 4 p.m. I would absolutely refuse to go into surgery without this shot.  So you can imagine my horror when I got home on Sunday night (from a trip to Texas) and found a note in the mail that said my appointment was CANCELED! Turns out the lovely state of Louisiana decided to send my doctor to jury duty. Grr.

So I spent my lunch break on the phone with my doctor’s office, trying to emphasize how important this was and how much I needed my shot, like now. The problem was that they didn’t know if (a) they had the shot and (b) the nurse could give it to me. So of course, they had to call back later. They finally did and my shot is scheduled for this Wednesday a.m. Whew. That gives me a two week breathing room so if all doesn’t work out as planned, I have two weeks to make it right (whereas May 29 would only give me six days).


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s